Director: Prof. Giuseppe M. Peretti
Irene Tessaro graduated in Biotechnology in 2005 at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of University of Milan, and she received PhD in Biotechnology applied to Veterinary Sciences in 2010. From 2005 to 2007 she worked at Laboratory of Technologies of Reproduction at Avantea s.r.l. (ex C.I.Z.) in Cremona. Then she moved back to University of Milan to complete the Doctoral program and a post doc 4-years period at Reproductive and Developmental Biology Lab, performing studies on ovarian failure, reproductive toxicology, and policystic ovary syndrome animal models. During these periods, she acquires strong experience in cellular biology and in histology. From 2015 to the present she is a post-doctoral researcher at the Regenerative Medicine and Biomaterials Laboratory. Her main research focus is the regenerative potential of engineered scaffolds applied to the orthopedic field, mainly to meniscal tissue and osteochondral lesions.
- Peretti GM, Tessaro I, Montanari L, et al. Histological changes of the meniscus following an osteochondral lesion. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2017; 31(4 Suppl 1): 129-134.
- Fisher JN, Tessaro I, Bertocco T, Peretti GM, Mangiavini L. The application of stem
cells from different tissues for cartilage repair. Stem Cells International, 2017, Stem Cells Int. 2017; doi.org/10.1155/2017/2761678.
- Di Giancamillo A, Deponti D, Modina S, Tessaro I, Domeneghini C, Peretti GM. Age-
related modulation of angiogenesis-regulating factors in the swine meniscus. J Cell Mol Med. 2017; 21(11): 3066-3075.
- Tessaro I, Modina S, Lodde V, et al. Ultra-low Doses of Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Progesterone Attenuate the Severity of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Features in a Hyperandrogenized Mouse Model. J Reprod Infertil. 2017; 18(3): 288-297.
- Franciosi F, Tessaro I, Dalbies-Tran R, et al. Analysis of Chromosome Segregation,
Histone Acetylation, and Spindle Morphology in Horse Oocytes. J Vis Exp. 2017; 123. doi: 10.3791/55242.
- Franciosi F, Goudet G, Tessaro I, et al. In vitro maturation affects chromosome
segregation, spindle morphology and H4K16 acetylation in horse oocytes. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2017; 29(4): 721-730.
- Gervaso F, Mangiavini L, Di Giancamillo A, et al. Comparison of three novel biphasic
scaffolds for one-stage treatment of osteochondral defects in a sheep model. J Biol
Regul Homeost Agents. 2016; 30 (4 Suppl 1): 24-31.
- Di Giancamillo A, Mangiavini L, Tessaro I, Marmotti A, Scurati R, Peretti GM. The
meniscus vascularization: the direct correlation with tissue composition for tissue
engineering purposes. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2016; 30 (4 Suppl 1): 85-90.
- Dieci C, Lodde V, Labreque R, et al. Differences in cumulus cell gene expression
indicate the benefit of a pre-maturation step to improve in-vitro bovine embryo
production. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016; 22(12): 882-897.
- Terzaghi L, Tessaro I, Raucci F, et al. PGRMC1 participates in late events of bovine
granulosa cells mitosis and oocyte meiosis. Cell Cycle. 2016; 15 (15): 2019-32.