Director: Dr. Lorenzo Moja
Our Clinical Epidemiology Unit is committed to conduct clinical research to promote evidence-based medicine and practice. We combine clinical, epidemiological, and biostatistical expertise to improve our understanding on the effectiveness of biomedical interventions in a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions. Our unit is focused on translational research, including meta-epidemiologic studies, knowledge syntheses and clinical trials in orthopedics and rehabilitation. We also explore how to best transfer evidence to the point of care through new technologies and media.
– allow for better healthcare decision-making in rehabilitation and orthopedics
– promote clinical research through institutional cooperation
– cooperate with industry for diagnostic tool/device related to clinical research
– collaborate with universities in knowledge transfer
– collaborate with international partners
We accomplish these objectives through a multidisciplinary approach.