Director: Dr. Anna Brini
Our research interest spans from the therapeutic potential of Mesenchymal Stem/ Stromal Cells (MSCs) to the genetic analysis of rare bone tumors.
In details, our research group is interested in:
• Investigating the regenerative and immunomodulatory potential of MSCs deriving from subcutaneous adipose tissue and oral tissues in appropriate preclinical models.
• Studying MSC secretome, which contains soluble factors and extracellular vesicles, for future clinical applications.
• Exploring the use of MSCs as antineoplastic drug delivery systems for the treatment of solid tumors.
• Testing innovative and clinical grade biomaterials by in vitro approaches.
• Evaluating anti-resorptive drugs effect on primary human cells.
• Identifying genetic and genomic alterations of bone tumors through Next Generation Sequencing.
• Collaborating on the management of IRCCS Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute Biobank.